Wednesday 28 May 2014

Geek Girl Review: Elektra

ELEkTRA #1 BY W. HADEN BLACKMAN, MICHAEL DEL MUNDO - ART & COVER ART, MARCO D'ALFONSO - COLOUR ART
By Thea Nikolic

So here I am again furthering my Marvel education with the new Elektra restarted in June 2014 edition. First of all, Elektra was actually one of the first characters I ever cosplayed at Halloween, not because I knew a lot about her but because she looked awesome and was a ninja assassin. Being a martial artist myself, I was drawn to her (no pun intended) Years later, I find myself wanting to read more about her and her story.

This reboot did not disappoint. The art is stunning and unique, Del Mundo has a water colour style that leaves me wanting to see more and enjoy the next issue. The story starts at a point when Electra has suffered from various traumas, and she is lost and needs something to focus her energy on. She visits the Matchmaker (a character which I loved the moment I saw her for her vintage feel) for a contract. She is on the hunt again for someone equally skilled at killing as her. Meanwhile you find out someone who was previously thought dead is alive and held in secret by S.H.I.E.L.D. (I presume dead, I have to read further to find out). I can't wait to keep going and find out what happens.



Thea Nikolic aka Critical Miss has been cosplaying for several years and has just recently started hosting panels at various conventions about cosplay. She is also an actor, so she loves to play and act like her various characters that she loves. You can follow her cosplay shenanigans with her costuming husband at their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/criticalmissandretrojoad. You can also follow her on Twitter @HarleyQuinnBabe as well as on Instagram harleyquinnbabe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...